How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 118687
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good Afternoon,I was living in NC and acquired 2 DUI's in

Customer Question

Good Afternoon,
I was living in NC and acquired 2 DUI's in 2012. The cases were heard and I have finished my fines and probation and treatment. I have recently moved to Virginia and have started my own business and am needing to get my driver's license. My suspension is not up until August 2017. Is there a way to get it restored early or to get limited driving privileges?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the only way to do this is to file in NC for early termination of the license suspension or for a limited license in NC, which (and this sounds like a catch 22) they will not give you unless you are in NC. VA cannot do anything for you for a license until the NC license is reinstated. Thus, all you can do is file a motion in the NC court to ask for an early termination of the suspension and get them to order DMV to end your suspension early, which is not often done, but your only real chance.