How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 116817
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a fee JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

Is there a fee
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just wanted to know if I'm suspended in Michigan can I get a license in Illinois
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is for my husband. We live in Illinois now and he's suspended in Michigan. He needs his Illinois license
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, if he is suspended in any state, then under the interstate license agreements, none of the other states can issue a license. When applying for a license in IL, they ask if his license has ever been suspended and if it is currently suspended and he has to answer truthfully because if not he would be charged with filing false public documents and perjury. So, in order to get a license in any state he would have to clear up the suspension in MI and get that license reinstated