How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 30168
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My car was parked and this guy was parked next to me. s son

Customer Question

my car was parked and this guy was parked next to me. his son got out and hit my door with his door and then they left, with out giving any info.. is that not a hit and run ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never would have paid my money. if I knew you would not give me an answe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I apologize for the delay. We do not always have experts online for every category overnight.

Yes, it is. It's a Class A misdemeanor. "The driver of any motor vehicle involved in an accident resulting in . . . damage to any vehicle which is driven or attended by any person shall give his name, address and the registration number of the vehicle he is driving, shall upon request exhibit his driver's license." Ala. Code, Section 32-10-2. So, if you were in the car or there appeared to be any damage to your car, they needed to stop. The car was "involved," even though it was a passenger who did the damage. You could file a police report, and if you are able to locate the driver of the other vehicle, you can sue the son for the cost of repairing the car (if he's a child, the parent might pay for it, but you're allowed to sue a minor either way).

It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.