How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal-Kal Your Own Question
Legal-Kal, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Legal-Kal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had a 2nd DUI in Pennsylvania. Moved to Ohio. My Pennsylvania

Customer Question

had a 2nd DUI in Pennsylvania. Moved to Ohio. My Pennsylvania license was just restored with the restriction of having an ignition interlock device installed for one year. Now to receive my OHIO license I have to produce a RELEASE from PA for OH and I assuming that on the release will show a ignition lock restriction. DOES OHIO HAVE TO HONOR THAT restriction when issuing my license even though the DUI was not committed in ohio?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon: My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. The answer is yes. This is because all states are a part of what is called the Interstate Driver License Compact. In essence, this is a law that requires any state to give full faith and credit to another state's actions on an individual's license (without regard to where the offense giving rise to such action occurred). So, for instance, if someone's license is suspended in state X (for whatever reason) then moves to state Z, state Z must not allow the person to get a license until the period of suspension in state X lapses. For your review, I have attached a copy of the Compact as adopted by the State of Ohio here: Do you have any follow up questions on what I have provided thus far?
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
I see you have read my post. If you do have any follow ups, please let me know. If not, please remember that experts here are not employees of JustAnswer and do not get credited for assisting customers until the customer clicks ACCEPT and rates the assistance provided as experts here assist not as a hobby, but as their income. Your cooperation in this regard would be appreciated!
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Just a reminder, if you have no other questions, please remember to click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided. Thank you for your help!