Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

If I have a drivers license block in colorado

Customer Question
***** *****, If I have...
***** *****, If I have a drivers license block in colorado can I get a drivers license in California?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a misdemanor warrant in colorado for a 3rd Dui blocking my drivers license. can I get a drivers license in another state.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
4/6/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Ely, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Ely, Attorney
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times. Because CO and CA both participate in the National Driver Register and the Driver License Compact, this means that CA will see the suspended license in CO and will not issue one, either. I am sorry. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Ely, Attorney