How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 19653
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been to court on two separate occasions

Customer Question

I have been to court on two separate occasions for parking tickets that are 25 years old. the first time I was assessed a fine in the amount of 440.00 for the tickets. I went to pay the tickets a few months later and was told that I needed a new court date because the information on the case was not in there computer and I had lost my copy. I went to court again for the same parking tickets and was fined again in the amount of 600 plus dollars. Can a judge continue to up the amounts or is there a standard practice of monetary recovery that can be imposed. When the tickets were assessed 25 years ago. Each ticket was about 15 dollars apiece. The vehicle was parked in the same spot for about 2 weeks due to damage and vehicle was not movable. thanks for your imput on this matter
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, the Judge can continue to increase the amount due if the amount remains unpaid. I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.