How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27758
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a car in Florida and will stay in Florida for

Customer Question

Hi. I bought a car in Florida and will stay in Florida for a while but don't want to change my California drivers license. Can I register my car in California, so I can keep both registered there?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Sooner or later, if you're actually residing in Florida, the state is going to require you to get a Florida license and registration. If you're spending most of the year in Florida, are employed in Florida, enroll your children in Florida schools and take other steps that would show that you've established permanent residency in Florida, you'll end up ticketed and fined until you change your license and registration. You only have ten days to change your license and registration over when you move to Florida.