How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney/former law enforcement officer
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was travling through Henery county Georiga and got a

Customer Question

I was travling through Henery county Georiga and got a speeding citation. A bad one. I was cought going 91mph in a 60mph zone. On a four lane interstate. I am now considered a super speeder in Georiga. The fine is huge. I went to pay on line and it says i cannot because i must apear in court for this. Problem is i live in Iowa. What are my options in this matter. Thank you very much for any help you can provide.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Were you cited only for speeding or also something else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only for speeding . He was quick and to the point to write the ticket also . He did not ask for insurance , registration or proof of ownership of the vehicle . He came up to the window and said give me your license you were speeding . Went to his car , then returned and said sign this ticket . I asked how much it would be and he said he did not know and to wait for ten days and call the number to find out . I got on line today and it says 700 dollars but I can't pay it because I must appear. I live in Iowa
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Speeding in Georgia is a criminal misdemeanor offense which is punishable by a fine of up to $1000 and a jail time of up to 1 year upon conviction.

Generally, the only option would be to hire an experienced local Georgia criminal attorney and to have this attorney file a motion with the court to waive personal appearance of the defendant, if the judge agrees, then this attorney will be able to represent you without your physical appearance in court.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.