How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney/former law enforcement officer
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife left me and took a newer car(2015 Mitsubishi

Customer Question

My wife left me and took a newer car(2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport),We both are on the title,but I bought and paid for the vehicle solely. She took the car to New York,where we have an apartment. Is there any way I can get the car back,or at least have her pay me halt of what I paid for the vehicle.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Unfortunately, generally, similar issues, concerning marital property, can only be addressed by the family court, upon the filing of the divorce / separation petition, as the civil courts would not get involved into any dispute between husband and wife, which involved marital property.

I wish you the best of luck!