Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

My husband got a speeding ticket last year in Texas. We were…

Customer Question
My husband got a...

My husband got a speeding ticket last year in Texas. We were told if we paid an extra fee & he got no more tickets in the next 90 days it would not go on his record. However it is showing up on his Louisiana DL record. I called about it & was told it was dismissed. Can we do anything to get it off his record?

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Traffic Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?

He has previous speeding tickets but no accidents. He works for a pipeline company so this ticket will keep him from getting truck pay on the job.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
3/7/2016
Traffic Lawyer: SoloLawyer, Attorney replied 2 years ago
SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's situation. In situations like yours, the first step is getting the paperwork from the court that handled the dismissal and then sending that to the pertinent state's DMV in order to have the charges removed. If that didn't work, the next step would be consulting a local traffic attorney who would file a motion to have the ticket removed and show as proof the deal that was struck at the trial court level.

I hope this helps. If you valued my time, please consider leaving a positive review. Experts here don't get credit for their time until you do. Your 100% satisfaction is the goal here, so please ask further questions until you're satisfied. You should not accept/review until then. :)

Michael