How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SoloLawyer Your Own Question
SoloLawyer, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 3471
Experience:  I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
SoloLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband got a speeding ticket last year in Texas. We were

Customer Question

My husband got a speeding ticket last year in Texas. We were told if we paid an extra fee & he got no more tickets in the next 90 days it would not go on his record. However it is showing up on his Louisiana DL record. I called about it & was told it was dismissed. Can we do anything to get it off his record?
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Traffic Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: He has previous speeding tickets but no accidents. He works for a pipeline company so this ticket will keep him from getting truck pay on the job.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's situation. In situations like yours, the first step is getting the paperwork from the court that handled the dismissal and then sending that to the pertinent state's DMV in order to have the charges removed. If that didn't work, the next step would be consulting a local traffic attorney who would file a motion to have the ticket removed and show as proof the deal that was struck at the trial court level.

I hope this helps. If you valued my time, please consider leaving a positive review. Experts here don't get credit for their time until you do. Your 100% satisfaction is the goal here, so please ask further questions until you're satisfied. You should not accept/review until then. :)