Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I Have a U-Turn on Curve/Grade or Where View Obstruct U

Customer Question
Hi, I Have a U-Turn on...
I Have a U-Turn on Curve/Grade or Where View Obstruct U traffic ticket recently, I got this ticket in NJ, but it's Out Of state to me as I have a PA license. Recently I moved to PA and got a PA license (jut 3 month back) Earlier I had a Missouri License with which I had a speeding ticket in the month of June 2015 in the state of Ohio which is also a out-of state ticket as i have a MO License at that time. I heard that PA will not consider out of state violations as points in to my driving record. Did my violation in ohio is transferred as points to my PA driving record,?and also would my current violation in nj will be recorded as points on my PA driving history?. what are the possible options I have so that my driving record is not impacted. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
3/7/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

MO, NJ, OH, PA, are all members of Driver License Compact. This means that your violation in one of those states would be transmitted to the other states and treated as if the violation happened in the other states. If the other states assign a point for the violation, your record would be impacted. There is no legal avenue to remove the point unless you contest the violation and prevail. To check for points on your PA record, you must contact PA Department of Transportation. In the meantime, the PDF below has information on how points are assigned by PA DOT:

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DVSPubsForms/BDL/BDL%20Fact%20Sheets/fs-ps.pdf