How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27764
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a citation same TITLE 75, Section 3327 A1.

Customer Question

Hello. I received a citation for the same TITLE 75, Section 3327 A1. However, when I look at the citation both the FINE and the TOTAL DUE sections are blank; preventing me from either sending in monies to the not guilty or even paying the fine to get this over with. To compound things I'm from Florida and the incident was while i was in PA. Thoughts?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


Title 75 Section 3327 (A)(1) is Pennsylvania's "move over law" requiring you to clear the lane for emergency vehicles. A violation of the section is a summary offense. A summary offense is something less than a crime -- crimes are misdemeanors and felonies -- but they are still criminal offenses. Also

Typically, one must appear for a criminal offense and the amount of the fine would be determined by the judge. You can call the clerk of the court and see if you can pay a fine by mail, but it's likely not an oversight that no fine was mentioned on the ticket.

If you must appear and just ignore the ticket, a warrant will ultimately issue for your arrest. And while nobody would extradite you from Florida on a matter like this, eventually Pennsylvania will suspend your driving privileges and notify Florida, which will suspend your license. So either you or a Pennsylvania lawyer on your behalf will have to appear in court to resolve this case for you.

Once you confirm that you have to appear, if you need to hire a Pennsylvania criminal lawyer and don't know where to look for one, you can try the Pennsylvania Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge a fee of around $50 for the referral, but it includes a half hour free consultation with the attorney which you can have by phone so that you don't have to come up just to meet the lawyer.