Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I received a notice that my license will be suspended due to…

Customer Question
I received a notice that...
I received a notice that my license will be suspended due to toll violations how do i fix this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
2/25/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Christopher B, Esq.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

A person's driver's license may be suspended for failure to satisfy fines or penalties for five or more toll violations or evasions. At this point the suspension enters and it is indefinite – that is, it your license is suspended until such time you clear the issue with the Toll Authority. Barring a factual dispute about the driver, or a procedural argument about the notices, the only option is to satisfy the debt. This can be done in a negotiation with the Toll Authority. Sometimes you can negotiate a portion of your debt to be paid but this isn't always lossible. You need to satisfy the debt in order to get your license reinstated.

To have your suspended Illinois driver's license reinstated, you will have to participate in an informal or formal hearing with a Secretary of State hearing officer.

To request an informal or formal hearing, you must first have a consultation with a SOS hearing officer to assess your eligibility and guide you towards further action. Contact any Hearing Officer Facility Location for more information on scheduling a consultation.

You may request an informal hearing with an informal hearing officer IF your driver's license was suspended for:

(1) an offense that did not involve a fatality (2) A single DUI offense. (3) Penalties handed down for minor moving violations.

To request an informal hearing, contact any hearing officer facility location.

Your hearing may result in a granting of a restricted driving permit or full reinstatement of your driver's license. The final decision will be mailed to you within 90 days.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?