Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I got citation/summons 40mph in 25mph zone withh sec 3362…

Customer Question
Hi i got citation/summons...

Hi i got citation/summons for speeding 40mph in 25mph zone withh sec 3362 A1.2 How serious is this? will i get points and how many?

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No not yet

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
2/22/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

A speeding ticket in PA is a summary offense, which is minor. If you're convicted, you'll be ordered to pay a fine and four points will be added to your driving record (unless you were in a construction zone). Every year that you do not have any additional moving violations, 3 points will be removed from your driving record. If you get to 6 points, your license will be suspended. A second ticket within the next year could be serious, but if this is your only offense, it's pretty minor.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer