Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I received a ticket from miami gardens from the camera. I

Customer Question
hi there i received a...
hi there i received a ticket from miami gardens from the camera. I have not paid b/c I was trying to figure out how to dispute it....it went from $158 and now is $296! What can I do about this to either not pay it or negotiate it down to considerably less! renea
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i was traveling on 183rd street and turned right onto NE22nd avenue. I did not see a no turn on red signage anywhere. A couple months later I received a camera ticket from the city of miami gardens, fl for a no turn on red.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Traffic Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/17/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Samuel-II, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest you will want to consider fighting this. There is current case law stating the way these tickets are doled out is unconstitutional.

I suggest you might consider at least consulting with a local attorney. But if you want to proceed on your own, I suggest you first call Miami Gardens PD and find out how they issue the tickets. Does a Miami Gardens Police Officer watch every possible violation video Or does a Miami Gardens Police Officer only watch the violations the camera operator tells them to. If it is the latter your ticket should be thrown out.

Even more important does the intersection you got a red light ticket have a sign saying not only that there is a camera but also "right turns included."

All intersections with red lights cameras have to have a sign near by telling you there is a camera and if it included right turns it also has to have a sign saying this. If it does not the ticket should be thrown out. I suggest you might go back to the area where the ticket claims you were in error and take pictures to show no signs.

However, I suggest it is in your best interest to contact a local attorney who handles these traffic matters, since you did not dispute in within the required 90 days and thus you now have a ticket that could also cause you points against your license.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a positive rating ensures I get credit for my time and information in this regard.

Thank you.

Samuel-II
Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney