How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 26789
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im trying to find my arrest and criminals story so i can

Customer Question

im trying to find my arrest and criminals history so i can apply for a green card. i had an arrest for traffic
i found the arrest online but need to know if that is enough or official record from the court house is needed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did you find your record on an official court website?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i tried going to texas department of public safety and couldn't find my record there
so i used third website party to find it
can you tell me how i can find it on official court website its in Texas.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience. You will need official documentation of your disposition. The Texas Department of Public Safety is where one normally goes to find your record, but if this matter was, for example, a traffic violation or a Class C misdemeanor it wouldn't appear there.

If it's a misdemeaor matter, go to the court where you had to appear for your case. Speak to the clerk there and tell him you need an official certificate showing the disposition of your case -- give him the case number ***** because you need it for Immigration. He will send you to the appropriate office to get such a document. That will do it.

If this is just a traffic violation, the Texas Department of Safety keeps the driving records, and you'd have to get an official copy of your driving records through them.

A third party website will not work. They base their information on public records and their results are not meant to be used for official purposes, since they can be inaccurate. Their website, I'm sure, has a disclaimer telling you they can't be relied upon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was a traffic violation
the problem is that i live in kansas now so it wont be possible for me to go in person so how can i get the offical copy through themcan you do it for me and i pay you to represent me and get the records ??
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Sally, but no. The site does not allow us to actually represents customers. Neither do our bar associations. This site is not a law firm. We just provide general information. You are going to need to take care of this yourself and to have identification that will verify that you are who you say you are, because that is the only way the state will release your information to you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

You would need to contact a Kansas lawyer and have him get your records. You can find one through the Kansas Bar Association's Lawyer Referral SErvice.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

They charge a fee of around $50 for the referral which includes a free consultation with the lawyer, which you can have over the telephone, since you are not in Kansas anymore.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i called them and they said they cant do it and i need to call somoene in texas
the tickets were in texas and live in kansas now
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

I'm so sorry. That's my fault. I thought they were Kansas tickets. Here's the number for the Texas Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service.