Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

My drivers license expires in Georgia 03/2016. I went in to…

Customer Question
My drivers license expires in...
My drivers license expires in Georgia 03/2016. I went in to have it renewed , they told me my license could not be renewed because of Florida. I called Florida and they told me that is because of an accident I had and insurance company put a lien on license.
The clerk told me the hold will expire 02/20/2016.
The GA.DMV gave me till 03/03/2016 to get it fixed or face suspension in GA.
What is my recourse in resolving this matter to prevent my license from expiring/ suspended before 03/05/2016.
I defaulted on payment to insurance company almost 20 years ago
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
2/13/2016
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Good afternoon. Just to be clear, the clerk of court in Florida, said the hold will expire/be lifted on 2/20? I am asking because they can suspended your license if you get into an accident without insurance and do not pay, so I wanted to make sure that Florida will no longer have a hold/suspension on it?