Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

My wife stopped stop sign at an intersection, thought she…

Customer Question
my wife stopped for a...
my wife stopped for a stop sign at an intersection, thought she had time to turn right onto a two lane highway, a vehicle in the left lane changed lanes and hit the left front of her vehicle. The local officer ticketed her for not stopping for a stop sign stating that this how it is viewed by the state of Georgia. is this correct?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
2/3/2016
Traffic Lawyer: Legal-Kal, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Attorney

Good morning:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. First, I am sorry to hear of the situation your wife is in as a result of this incident.

Because there are different subsections (ones which may apply and ones which may not) a little more information would be needed. Do you happen to know the exact ticketed offense (i.e., statute and subsection)?