Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

To: MIAMILAW1127 Below is a conversation on January 8 2016.

Customer Question
To: MIAMILAW1127Below is a conversation...
To: MIAMILAW1127Below is a conversation on January 8 2016. Although you did answer my question it would be beneficial if you could provide either documentation or links to demonstrate to others the presence of the 3 month consideration.Thanks,
Ray DilsThis reponse was posted 4 years ago by your site:Thank you, ***** ***** can revoke your license due to the seizures. The FL guidelines state that, applicants and licensed drivers should be seizure free for a period of two years before being approved for licensing, and if found to have a seizure during while licensed such license is subject to suspension. If a person is under regular medical supervision, it is possible to apply for a review by the Medical Review Board after being seizure-free for six months. These guidelines apply for all types of seizures. The isolated seizure with a normal encephalogram may be reviewed at the end of three months. For your reference, here is a link to the guidelines:Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.The question involves a review after 3 months for an isolated event with no prior history. Does this condition still exist under Florida law?Thanks you in advance.08 January 2016 03:17MIAMILAW1127LawyerI understand the questions better now.Yes, this process still exists under Florida law.08 January 2016 03:20And by the process you are referring to the potential 3 month review?08 January 2016 03:50MIAMILAW1127
LawyerExactly.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
1/22/2016
Traffic Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Attorney replied 1 year ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The process takes about 3 months, however, that is not a hard and fast rule.

The following link provides more information on the process: https://tampaduiattorney.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/medical-review-by-the-florida-department-of-highway-safety-and-motor-vehicles/

The basics are that you petition for an independent medical review and the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles makes a ruling on your driving privileges.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney