How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27181
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was on my way to traffic court speeding ticket when I got

Customer Question

I was on my way to traffic court for a speeding ticket when I got pulled over for expired registration which caused me to be late for traffic court and get a FTA. I wanted to fight my speeding ticket but the judge found me guilt because I wasn't there. How can I appeal this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. A motion to vacate the judgment would likely need to be filed. In the body of the motion, the moving party needs to show and explain to the Judge why they failed to appear and good cause,as to why the judgment should be vacated and the case reset. If that can be done, you can also share with the court you want to fight this and have the matter decided on the merits, rather you you missing the appearance.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!