How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeking information about clearing old but minor

Customer Question

Hello. I am seeking information about clearing old but minor infractions from a CA Driver's License in order to obtain new CA DL for person who is here under political asylum but has failed to go through and get green card. I have violation numbers on hand as well as some immigration info
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

Why has he not applied for the green card yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James. thank you.
My understanding is that he dropped the ball on filing for green card. He was beat up by cops years ago in Colorado.Here under political asylum
request to remain in the US as a refugee was granted in March 1983 but individual has failed to obtain green card. Is nervous about going to authorities. I am assisting individual to #1--clear their infractions with CA DMV and #2--inform them on what they need to obtain new Driver's License.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CA DMV information request run on 05/09/01departmental actions: none
convictions : None
failures to appear:
viol/DT 40508A VC Dkt/NO *BL0358 Court 19470sec?violations
4000A VC
24252A VC
405095 VCupdated 04/18/01colorado driver's license notice of denial dated 01/27/03
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Well, the driver's license issue is not something IC an help you with, because that is not an immigration question. I can only assist with immigration questions.

Can you clarify the immigration specific question for me? Or is there not an immigration question here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I thought you did both immigration and DMV. I would like to first clear his DMV record to get him mobile again and then help with his petition for residency. Can you transfer my case to a CA DMV lawyer. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James. Your responses are not showing in window as usual (I've used you guys before). They are only coming into my email. I have requested to be transferred to a DMV lawyer. As you can see I mentioned that in my query at the outset. Much appreciated.
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

I do not see your request for a DMV lawyer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am requesting a transfer to a DMV lawyer.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

In order to clear the infractions off the driver's license, you will need to participate in the amnesty program.

The following link provides you with all the information necessary for participation in the amnesty program:

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.