How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was ticketed in a handicap spot because my plaque was not

Customer Question

I was ticketed for parking in a handicap spot because my plaque was not displayed properly. I can "appeal" but I must send $275 to Newport Beach money collection place first, then I can appeal, though the ticket writer will not be at the appeal. I believe that I should be tried first. I am willing to be tried on this charge.
Thanks Tina.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is the CA traffic court system. You have to post bond first, which is the cost of the ticket. If you are found not guilty and the ticket is dismissed, your money is returned to you. If you want a trial/appeal, you have no choice but to put up the bond.
You have a right to the appeal, but you have to follow the CA administrative process for these tickets.