How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 4489
Experience:  10 years of legal experience, including traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am visiting State from Florida and received a traffic

Customer Question

I am visiting Washington State from Florida and received a traffic ticket for going 65 in a 60. The fee was $105 so I just paid it online to get it out of the way. Will it be reported to my insurance back in FL? How many points will be added to my license? Keep in mind this was a rental car I was driving..
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 1 year ago.


Sorry to hear about your ticket. Unfortunately, yes, the ticket will be reported back to Florida and they can issue you points for the ticket.

The ticket is basically treated just like as if you got it in Florida. The fact that you were driving a rental car is irrelevant, as moving violations are assessed against the driver and his or her driver's license and not the car.

Speeding 15 mph or less over the limit in Florida is a 3 point violation, so that is likely how many points will be assessed against you by the Florida DMV.

Hope this information helps clear things up.