Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I have multiple questions around one subject, i will try to

Customer Question
Hello! I have multiple questions...
Hello! I have multiple questions around one subject, i will try to be as descriptive as possible. I currently have a suspended license for a failure to appear/failure to pay, it was not on any DUI or wreckless driving or anything series, just regular tickets, little to no moving violations and i still have a traffic school available. I rarely drive, and when i do i drive my moms vehicles. She lives at a different address, it was my understanding that i do not need to be on her insurance since i do not live at her house and drive the vehicle less then 10 miles or wahtever the requirment was monthly. The vehicle is not fully paid for so i assume it has full coverage (almost positive but ill double check) So here is where it got tricky. I got into an at fault collision yesterday, rear ended somebody who was on the job (seeems to be a big company) i immediately freak out because i knew i did not have a valid license and technically no insurance of my own. SO today i rush to court in a hurry to get my license and such, it appeared i qualify for the new California traffic amnesty program and may have a license as early as Monday again. So what im thinking is that my moms insurance wont cover it because although i meet the requirments for not being on the insurance i am an unlicensed driver. What my primary question is, is what i have done a felony? How will it affect my record? I start the police academy in 3 months and can't have a felony, also does getting my license reinstated immediately after the fact help in any way shape or form? And with my brothers consent, how bad would it be if we say he was driving the vehicle and gave his DL# ***** he is on the policy and licensed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
12/4/2015
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

What were you charged with? Just the accident and were issued a citation?

Ely, Attorney