Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I live in Hawaii. I received a ticket in Klamouth County

Customer Question

I live in Hawaii. I received a ticket in Klamouth County Oregon over Thanksgiving. 79 in 55. $260. 7:50AM open road. no cars. How can I get out of this ... or pay ... but not have insurance find out. I have a clean record and don't want speeding on it.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is***** would be happy to help you with your traffic ticket question. I seem to understand what you are asking, except for the part where you state "but not have insurance find out"

My I ask what you mean by that portion of the question? I only ask so I can better answer your questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want my insurance to go up ... don't want the ticket on my driving record. Also ... the DMV in Hawaii was closed when I was ticketed ... officer told me that.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, it looks like I'm having some trouble with my computer tonight. Instead of having you wait until I fix the issue, I will opt-out of this question, thereby opening it up to another expert to assist you. Thank you and good luck!

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

A different Professional here. The only way to get out of this ticket and/ not have your insurance go up is to dispute the ticket if you think that the ticket is wrong. Otherwise, if you pay the ticket, the ticket would become part of your driving record and your insurance company would have access to the information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how would I dispute the ticket from Hawaii?

You need to follow the instructions on the ticket for disputing the ticket.