How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle1 Your Own Question
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 794
Experience:  Practicing Criminal and Traffic Attorney for over 22 years.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
LegalEagle1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My cousin got a speeding ticket

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one of my cousin got a speeding ticket in california and before she got a ticket she tried to fool the Chp officer by telling her that she is an international student and tried to give her an international license and trying to hide CA license.once officer checked her wallet found cA license and gave her a speeding ticket the violation codes in there are ca 22349 (a) VC
and at the bottom says something #1116.....what might #1116 be?it was a Mvar....does officer record audio conversations in mvar?can that conversation be used against her if she tries to fight the ticket?or she should just pay the ticket?
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

The #1116 might be the officers's page number. There is a method to attach images of documents to the questions. If you can send a scan of the ticket I may be able to provide a better answer.

The CHP does use the mobile audio and video recording devices. Typically these are activated manually by the officer or when the flashers are activated. They usually record a brief period that has been buffered also. If the equipment was working properly there should be an audio/video recording of the exchange your cousin had with the officer. The only way to know if the video exists is to request it from the prosecutor or the patrol.

The codes section your cousin was charged under is the speeding violation. Typically I will suggest that a person show up in court and see if they can have a speeding and see if the can get a dismissal or reduction to a non moving violation. My concern in a case like the one you have described is that prosecutor and the court will learn about the cousin failure to provide the right license and things may become more difficult.
Your cousin may want to contact a local attorney who practices in that court and is familiar with the particular judge and prosecutor to obtain the best input as to what to expect if she decided to fight the ticket. To avoid difficult consequences she may want to just pay the ticket.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.

Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

I am following up to see if you need any additional assistance. Also if you have not yet rated my answer please take time to do so.