How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal-Kal Your Own Question
Legal-Kal, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 584
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Legal-Kal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son received a ticket &T 4021 No front plate. do we just

Customer Question

my son received a ticket for NYV&T 4021 No front plate. do we just plead gulity & send in or can we pay for bracket, get plate on & send in photo
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.


My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your legal question today. Before I answer your question, did your son receive any other ticket than the no front plate ticket?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO. There was no other tickets issued to him (the driver) or any other passenger in the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.


While simply taking a picture of the newly mounted front plate and sending it in may be sufficient, from the similar tickets I have dealt with, it is always more advisable to take a picture of the newly mounted front plate and actually appear for the hearing and presenting the picture. When the court sees that you took the time and effort to actually appear, it shows an appreciation for the seriousness of the matter. So often, many people simply disregard these tickets and fail to appear. This leads not only to various fines and fees, but agitates the Court.

By showing up and showing that you had remedied the infraction, a Court will be more likely to consider this a lesson learned for your son and show some mercy and outright dismiss the ticket.

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. I would be more than happy to answer them. If not, please click "accept" and leave positive feedback so I may obtain credit for my response. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, my son is a full time college student who is also balancing ongoing chemotherapy for his blood cancer. The ticket was given as he was on his way to his college housemates fathers funeral in CT. Appearance is out of the question
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

For a minor infraction like this, anyone closely related to him may appear and explain to the court his current situation. You can appear, a relative can appear, even a friend (although, in this situation, a parent will be best). If you can appear, then you can take the steps I mentioned above. Are you able to appear on his behalf?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I'll contact an attorney here who will take care of . Thank you
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Well, that is always an option but from your question, I was under the assumption you were trying to avoid retaining an attorney. An attorney can do exactly what I mentioned without you or your son appearing as well. Good luck!