Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

What can you do if someone is trying to suspend your drivers

Customer Question

What can you do if someone is trying to suspend your drivers licence?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This depends on the situation. Can you please tell me:

1) Who is attempting to do this? CA Dept of Motor Vehicles? Someone else?

2) Why? For example - due to a DUI, or something else, etc?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) I am not sure.
2) I am not sure. I need to drive to be able to earn a living and be independent.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hmm... I see. Well I need to know a little more to be able to answer your question. You see, several state agencies (and sometimes third party private individuals such as guardians) can attempt to void someone's license. And there can be a variety of reasons. Depending on this, the path one takes to "defend" their license may be different.

Anything more you can tell me more about the situation would be helpful...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. That helps. My mother-in-law tried to drive once on a leg she could hardly walk on. When I told her that she shouldn't be driving on it, she became very angry and has started after my license. At the present time, I am separated from my husband. He has tried every means of character assignation possible and questions my sanity on everything. I need my driver's license. I have the good driver discount with AAA. I have raised four excellent children and have six grandchildren. I work hard for my family and even help my husband even though he moved out.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. So what has your husband (from whom you are separated) done in an attempt to have your license taken away from you, exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure this is my husband? People watch me back up. If I go somewhere and I take my cell phone with me, there are always people who follow me to the places that I go. Sometimes cars come at me fast. If I leave my cell phone home these things do not happen.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

I do not know who it is. You tell me, please. I assumed you meant it was your husband based on the following you said: "At the present time, I am separated from my husband. He has tried every means of character assignation possible and questions my sanity on everything."

Or... you do not know who it is, and what they are doing, if anything?