Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

DI am trying to set up a hearing before the DMV so my

Customer Question
license does not get suspended...
dI am trying to set up a hearing before the DMV so my license does not get suspended for a dui. I cannot get through on the phone and the 10 days are up today. What can I do if they will not answer their phone.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2015
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

What State do you reside in?

California and this is for my grandsons first offence he is 23 and BAC was .08

Thank you for the additional information. Your grandson needs to do this on his own. He may do so by writing to or telephoning one of the department's Driver Safety Branch Offices. Be sure to identify yourself by your full name, your driver license number, and your date of birth. You will also be asked to verify your correct mailing address. Here is a link below to make sure you are calling the correct office. If they do not answer he needs to appear in person before they close.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/fo/dsolistings

Not good advice. There is no way to get to one of these offices.

Relist: Answer quality.
Answer not helpful. It just took a page off the DMV website that did not help.

These are the only two ways and the options come directly from the DMV website. I understand your situation but I can not come up with a way that does not exist and this is a result of him waiting till the 10th day and not being able to appear in person. Someone should answer the phone but I can not control them picking up. If there was another way, I would certainly share it with you.

I was able to get into the DMV website and got a usaable answer and was able set up an appointment in Santa Rosa.. The information from the website you gave me did not help

I am glad you were able to do this for him. I wish him the best with the resolution of the case.

Ely, Attorney