How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 118775
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 4 traffic violations, Stop sign....2pnts Failure to

Customer Question

I have 4 traffic violations , Stop sign....2pnts
Failure to control...2pnts, Speeding....2 points and Crossing over yellow line.....2pnts.
Eight points in total. I was furloughed from my driving job because insurance will not cover me. If I could just get 2 points taken off, I cold go back to work. I am retired and 67 years old. I live in Summit County, Ohio. The municipal courts involved are Stow Municipal Court, Mogadore Municipal Court and Barberton Municipal Court, All in Summit County.
Any chance I can reduce any one of these violations to satisfy the insurance comapanies?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, as you found out the OH driver training class does not remove points it grants you credit for 2 points, which is different. The points stay on your license for 2 years in OH. The court MAY, in its discretion, vacate a conviction on a citation for good cause, which would remove points, but this is rarely done and some judges in some counties simply refuse to vacate convictions. Sadly, if the judge in your county will not vacate the conviction on one citation through a motion to vacate conviction, there is nothing else legally you can do to get the points removed.