How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 34975
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just moved to Arizona and need a copy of the title of the

Customer Question

I just moved to Arizona and need a copy of the title of the car which I purchased in California. Who do I contact to get a copy so I can register my car in Arizona.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Sorry....can you give some more context? Where is the title at? Did you not get a title when you purchased the rig?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a car purchased in San Diego. I had the title but it was lost during the move to Az. I can not register my car in Az without a copy of the title according to ADOT. Is there a link I can go to and request a copy of the title
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

You need to go to CA first. If the title was from CA, CA has to replace it. Arizona can not issue a new title if the CA title is you first go to CA and obtain the title...then you can register the car in AZ

You can do this here

With the CA DMV. Once they send you the duplicate title, you can have the car registered in AZ

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.