Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I lost my California car Title in a stressful move to the

Customer Question
Hello. I lost my California...
Hello. I lost my California car Title in a stressful move to the midwest. How do I start the process of getting a copy of my title so I can transfer it to be a validated Title in South Dakota?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
10/28/2015
Traffic Lawyer: SoloLawyer, Attorney replied 2 years ago
SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

Per the California DMV instructions, you would need to fill out this Application for a Duplicate Title and submit it. It would be several weeks before it is processed, and then you would follow South Dakota's DMV instructions for transferring that title.

I hope this helps!

DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.

SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney