How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SoloLawyer Your Own Question
SoloLawyer, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 3459
Experience:  I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
SoloLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost my California car Title in a stressful move to the

Customer Question

Hello. I lost my California car Title in a stressful move to the midwest. How do I start the process of getting a copy of my title so I can transfer it to be a validated Title in South Dakota?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

Per the California DMV instructions, you would need to fill out this Application for a Duplicate Title and submit it. It would be several weeks before it is processed, and then you would follow South Dakota's DMV instructions for transferring that title.

I hope this helps!

DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.