How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 26753
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My drivers license is suspended .T.A ..not paying my fines.

Customer Question

My drivers license is suspended for F.T.A ..not paying my fines. which is over 3 thousand dollars,,!! I am 55 yrs old, disabled and on S.D.I and S.S.I. in Calif. I have been paying $200.00 a month and i need to know if i can get a restricted license while i continue to make my payments because i work as a care provider for an elderly lady and child care . I need to pick up kids from school and run eranes for client.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


Generally, you would not be able to get a restricted license when you still have outstanding tickets and fines. If you tell me what US state issued your license I can look up the hardship license laws and see if your state is an exception to the general rule.