How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 117371
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I traded my car in new vehicle and the dealership crushed my

Customer Question

i traded my car in for a new vehicle and the dealership crushed my plates no my license is suspended and I'm unable to get a texas license what should i do i already contacted the dmv in albany and had the dealership write a letter to the albany dmv is there any other way to get around this problem
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have to file a police report for lost/stolen/destroyed license plates and then you are going to suffer a suspension for 1 day for each day you failed to make the report and replace the plates and there is no appeal provided for that under NY DMV regulations. However, they will report the plates as destroyed with the police report and that would at least begin your time running to eventually get everything restored.