Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

We were on our way to Vegas and received a speeding citation

Customer Question
from El Mirage. They sent...
we were on our way to Vegas and received a speeding citation from El Mirage. They sent me two speeding citations ten minutes apart. I do not get it. I would have had to circle back to have that happen. Not sure what to do. thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
10/20/2015
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You would have grounds to plead not guilty to both and argue that their device that detected you was obviously defective and as such both citations were invalid. You have a valid defense to BOTH citations in this matter and it would require you to show up in court, but because the device improperly issued the second ticket, the validity of any citation issued through the device is questionable as inaccurate and that is a basis to have BOTH citations dismissed.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney