How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 558
Experience:  Private practice
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I move to from California, I renewed my registration

Customer Question

Hi, I move to HI from California, I renewed my registration before i left but it was sent to my old address. I had it forwarded to me, but i never received it. I can't register my car here without it. How do it replace it so i can register my car here? I have the email with the reference # ***** shows i paid for it.

Also, I shipped my car here 8 much trouble am i in for not registering my car sooner?

Thanks, Lana

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I need to know in which County the car was registered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's registered in Oakland, Ca

Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

You can get a copy of your California registration card by using the form posted at


for the mailing address and a link to the fee schedule.

I'm sorry, I meant to ask which County in Hawaii you are in now to try to determine if you are in trouble or not.