How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years experience in the practice of law, including representation of clients in Traffic Court.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Got into accident with company car. One car accident. Had

Customer Question

Got into accident with company car. One car accident. Had car towed. Then checked into hospital under personal insurance. Do I need to disclose that to company ace insurance
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Sorry...I am not sure I understand. You want to know if you have to tell your company you were injured in the accident?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had 2 drinks with dinner. Not sure if hospital did a toxicology report? Did not want to disclose to my company insurance about the hospital stay because of that. Do t want to loose job
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

Thank you

I am going to opt out to allow other experts to weigh in on this. No need to reply...another expert will weigh in if they have thoughts.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon,

New contributor here. I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a personal injury/auto accident attorney for more than 30 years.

While as the operator of the vehicle insured by your company's insurance you owe an obligation to give the insurance company a full and truthful statement of the accident, you certainly are not legally obligated to turn over your medical records to them unless you are making a med pay claim against the policy.

As the accident was a single car accident, and presuming that it was not caused by a mechanical issue, then this will automatically be an at fault accident for you whether you admit to having had the two drinks or not.

You may choose to refuse to answer any questions as regards ***** ***** were drinking, and again, you do not have to allow the release of your medical records---to either the insurance company or to your employer.

If you did not appear intoxicated when you went to the ER, it is unlikely that they would have done a Blood alcohol test on you. You should consider immediately ordering a copy of your entire hospital medical file so you can see what is contained in the file.

Refusing to discuss the fact that you were injured and went to the hospital will just raise a red flag, so it might not be a good idea to leave it out entirely. But if you were simply examined, treated and released, that is really all that they should be interested in as far as the hospital goes. Again, this is only a property damage claim and not a personal injury or medical payments claim which would give the right to see your medical records.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,