Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

My X-Daughter n law drinks all of the time. On New Years eve

Customer Question
My X-Daughter n law drinks...
My X-Daughter n law drinks all of the time. On New Years eve she got a DUI going down the 4 lane highway the wrong way and blew a 2.8 which is 3 times the limit. Apparently someone had the dui removed and she suffered no consequinces. I am very concerned about my Grandson. Is there anything legally I can do about her not being held responsible for drinking and driving.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2015
Traffic Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney replied 2 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney

There's not anything that you can do about your former daughter in law's DUI if the state itself removed it from her record. However, if you know she drinks all of the time and drives your grandson around, you can bring the matter of her heavy drinking to Child Protective Services and they will investigate it. If they make a finding that her drinking is endangering your grandson, they can address her drinking, her driving, and even her fitness for custody. I have linked you to their site.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney