Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

When you get a speeding ticket and you ask the DA to reduce

Customer Question
and they give you a...
When you get a speeding ticket and you ask the DA to reduce and they give you a City Code what does that mean
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/3/2015
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

This means they are reducing it from a state traffic offense, which is a misdemeanor, to a municipal infraction, which is a fine only and typically has a lesser fine and no jail time associated with the offense. It is not considered a traffic misdemeanor, it is a city infraction, like a parking ticket.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney