How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I crashed my car into a crosswalk pole. I thought someone in

Customer Question

I crashed my car into a crosswalk pole. I thought someone in another was threatening me so I left my car at the scene and ran home. The next day I was arrested for a misdemeanor. Do you think I need a lawyer when I go up for court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

I assume that you've been charged with leaving the scene of an accident. IF that's the case, you are better off to hire an attorney to try and explain your situation and why you left. Also, if you hire an attorney, he/she can likely try to work out a deal with the prosecutor to try and either reduce the charge or enroll you into a pre-trial diversion program to keep this off of your record.