How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Run my own practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dimitry. I am a NY attorney. Last week I went to the

Customer Question

Hi Dimitry. I am a NY attorney. Last week I went to the Kalahari Resort in Pa. with my daughter and her kids. On the way back to NY my daughter drove and was pulled over and issued a summons for driving too slow on the left lane. She was doing 62 and was keeping up with traffic.
The summons says she violated section 39:4-88A. I don't want her to get points on her license. This occurred in NJ.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post and thank you kindly for requesting me to assist you with your concerns. It is always a pleasure to help a fellow member of the Bar.

New Jersey points transfer to New York, as to Pennsylvania points. Pennsylvania does not accept points from New York or New Jersey unless the citation is serious (reckless driving, DUI, vehicular homicide, etc...) but not for speeding. 39:4-88 does have a 2 point violation. If the whole point here is to avoid points, New Jersey has an 'unsafe driving' NON-point violation to which she can plead guilty to by appearing in court. But, it has a far higher fine. There is an automatic surcharge of $250 plus costs of $33 and a fine itself of $50 to $150 based on the original ticket. This plea can be taken once every 5 years and removes up to 2 points from the ticket.

Hope that helps!


Dimitry, Esq.