How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 1579
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a ticket in Nevada 68 in the left lane when the speed

Customer Question

I got a ticket in Nevada for going 68 in the left lane when the speed limit was 75. It's a 484B.200.600 "doing 68 in #1 no cars in #2. It says court is required. I live in CA. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 years ago.

Are you looking to avoid going to court or avoid the ticket/fine completely?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't want to travel to Nevada for a ticket I feel I shouldn't have received in the first place. That said, I'd like to know how to put this behind me by either paying a fine (it does not specify one but states I need to attend court) or preferably, get this dismissed altogether. What would you do if this happened to you or someone you know?
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 years ago.

Even though your ticket is marked as "mandatory court appearance" it might not actually be (sometimes these tickets are mismarked by police.) What you should do is contact a Nevada traffic attorney in the county where you received your ticket. They can contact the court on your behalf, ask whether you actually have to attend court, and negotiate with the prosecutor to get your ticket reduced to a non-moving traffic violation.