How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 33014
Experience:  Former Asst State Attorney/Hearing Officer
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If i was awarded my vehicle in a divorce and i had to pay it

Customer Question

If i was awarded my vehicle in a divorce and i had to pay it off which I did but the loan was mailed to me because Iwas awarded it in our divorce .We got the loan in both our names before the divorce. When I payed it off and received the title it said ***** ***** or ***** ***** if I want to sell it Should I send off for a title in my name only first or can I go ahead and sell it because it doesn't say ***** ***** and ***** *****. It says ***** ***** or ***** *****.Please answer soon Thanks so much!!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Since the decree awards it to you and the title lists you or your spouse, you can sell it yourself without getting a new title. If you have to, you can demand your ex wife sign off on the title in accordance with the decree, but if you are just going to sell it then that is probably unnecessary.
I hope this is helpful to you.  If you have follow up questions feel free to ask.  It is never a problem.
Best regards.