How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 116753
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son had s drivers license suspended because he can't pay

Customer Question

My son had his drivers license suspended because he can't pay his child support in Oregon. He needs his license to drive his little girl here in Ca. to appointments, church, etc. Is there a way to get a restricted license?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that for a child support suspension it is very hard to obtain and if your son had an Oregon license he could qualify under Oregon DMV Rule(###) ###-####(10) and (11) which does allow someone who has had their license suspended to prove a significant hardship in making payments of their obligation of support for ONLY 6 Months and at the end of 6 months he either has to make full payments or his license will be suspended and no hardship license can be granted. See:
However, if your son has a CA license, the CA law says they will not issue any hardship license if a license has been suspended for back child support. So if your son has a CA license they will not grant a hardship license and he would have to have an attorney in Oregon work out some type of payment deal with Oregon to agree to release his license.