Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I got a ticket on 37th street in New York City. I have a

Customer Question

Hi, I got a ticket on 37th street in New York City. I have a Florida license and I got notice of suspension for not paying it. I need to pay the ticket but I lost it. What should I do?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to contact the NYC court, http://dmv.ny.gov/tickets/find-tvb-office-locations, and you need to arrange with the clerk to make payment on the citation. Failure to appear in court results in them entering a conviction on the citation, so now you have to pay the fine by contacting the NYC metropolitan area violations bureau and making payment and they will issue a release of suspension letter to FL so you can get your license reinstated.