How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27099
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently got pulled over in Maryland, only to find out

Customer Question

I recently got pulled over in Maryland for speeding, only to find out that my license was suspended for not paying a ticket off while I was living in New York two years ago. However I have never received any tickets, mail, or notices about not paying a ticket while in New York. I have tried looking up the unpaid ticket but I cannot find the ticket online. I can't pay off or deal with the current ticket until the so-called 'unpaid' ticket from NY is dealt with.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced New York criminal lawyer.
If you cannot pay the ticket online, you can do it over the phone with a credit card or pay by mail once you find out the particulars. You're going to need to contact the NYS DMV. They will have a record of the ticket as they suspended your driving privileges because of it.