How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 116706
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a ticket in for "speed exceeds work zone speed

Customer Question

I received a ticket in for "speed exceeds work zone speed limit" in Idaho, but am licensed in Texas. Is there anyway to take a defensive driving course to remove the ticket from record?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that whether or not Idaho would allow you to take defensive driving is up to the Idaho court, not Texas. Generally, any defensive driving school would have to be done in Idaho at an Idaho approved course. Otherwise, you have to go to court and seek to work out a plea agreement with the prosecutor for a deferred adjudication, where they agree to let you pay the fine, or maybe even reduce the speeding to a regular speeding violation, and then if you get no further citations in 6 months they will agree to dismiss the citation, which means it would not get reported to Texas at all and would not go on your driving record.
The prosecutor or the court could agree to driving school as part of the plea deal. If the prosecutor or court in Idaho does not agree, then you could not take a traffic school in Texas to remove the out of state violations as that is up to the issuing state.