How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 117373
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a speeding ticket claims the officer an I was in the

Customer Question

I got a speeding ticket for 109 claims the officer an I was in the carpool lane solo and he gave me a citation with a print out with a red streak down the middle from out of paper I think but also used mvars.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question about this citation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What can I do with my siuation with the mvars in the carpo lane solo an only got the speeding ticket with a print out with red line down the middle of print out citation.?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If they have you on video, it is tough to dispute these cases if the officer shows up in court to testify. The officer has discretion as to whether or not to issue multiple violations or only one violation. You are going to need to go to court and plead not guilty of course, that is a given.
What is your driving record like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I havent had a ticket other than a seat belt an a speeding ticket about 10 yearsor more
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been to arraingment the officer gets back from vacation on the 17 of this month an court on the 19 ...
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I know many customers of this site do not like hearing this, but on this type of charge, speeding over 100 in CA (violation of VC 22348b) you must have an attorney. This is a serious speeding offense that requires a mandatory court appearance and a mandatory minimum $1000 fine plus a 30 day loss of license (along with 2 points on your license which is standard). If they have this on video, they will also have the speed displayed on the video, so it is pretty hard to fight these charges (yes, you can attack the radar calibration, but in 99% of these cases the DA will have the calibration records to prove certification).
You need a local attorney to appear with you to seek to negotiate some deal to at least reduce the speed below 100 to save your license from suspension and try to reduce your fine and get traffic school to remove the points. The prosecutor is not going to be so willing to give such a deal if you do not have an attorney as they take these cases seriously over 100 mph.
Your attorney can also try to continue the case and hope to delay it long enough that the officer fails to appear and then get a dismissal. The court will give attorneys more continuances than they will give an unrepresented party, so that is yet another reason you need an attorney on this.

Related Traffic Law Questions