How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  retired (mostly)
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a 2002 Goldwing from a dealer in Arizona. Put a down and obtained a loan through

Customer Question

I bought a 2002 Goldwing from a dealer in Arizona. Put a down and obtained a loan through the dealer. Test ride was fine, trailered it home and first start up it had a bad knock in it. It had too much oil in the crankcase and may have caused some damage. Do I have a time frame I can take it back and cancel the purchase?
JR Ash
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Arizona has no "cooling off period" for a motor vehicle purchase. See this link from the AZ Attorney General. However, federal law makes it a deceptive sales practice to misrepresent the mechanical condition of a vehicle to a consumer. See 16 C.F.R. 455.1(a)(1). Arizona has a similar law A.R.S. 44-1522 (Consumer Fraud Act). Consequently, if you believe you have been deceived, you can complain the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) (which, frankly, is likely to be a waste of time, because your case isn't big enough to get Uncle Sam's attention) -- and you can simply sue the dealer in court for enggaging in a deceptive business practice. You could also complain to the AZ Attorney General. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!