Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I live in NYC. Was in Pittsburgh on 7.5.15 and was pulled over

Customer Question

I live in NYC. Was in Pittsburgh on 7.5.15 and was pulled over by police. They told me I was pulled over because I made a right turn and my back tire hit the curb, which I certainly did not feel. The other officer told me I made a right turn from a left lane, which I did not. There were no other cars on this road at this time which was about 2:30am. Then they asked me to step out of the car because the officer said he smelled beer. I had 1.5 glasses between the hours of 9:30pm and 1:30am. They made me take a sobriety test, which they then said I failed. They towed my car and took me to a police station for a breathalyzer test, which another officer did. It came back 0.00. They did it again, same results and was let go. Of course next day had to pay $160 to get my car. Today, 7.29.15, in the mail I receive a citation for a total of $135. On the ticket the note states "did operate a motor vehicle in a careless manner by crossing the double yellow line with oncoming traffic and making a right turn from a left hand turn lane". The officer writes in the remark "Def had been IMbibing alcoholic beverages prior to stop.
Can I get a ticket in the mail as opposed to getting the ticket on the night of said incident.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Yes, you can get a ticket in the mail instead of it being written on the same night you were stopped. It is actually not unusual for that to happen.